The Symmetry AS/400 (iSeries) Engineer is a member of a team of Colleagues responsible for managing Symmetry’s Power Systems related architecture (both internal and Customer based), providing technical design and maintenance support for various hardware and software products, administering remote access and disaster recovery systems, conducting server and system set-ups and configuration designs, and providing internal and external end user support. The role also requires more advanced level of skill in the following areas: judgment, direction setting, and decision making. The Engineer level of employee is self-starting and self-motivated as the individual is expected to be able to identify, trouble shoot, and resolve issues independently. Also, the individual is expected to reserve time to research technology, and advise others (internally and externally) of opportunities to enhance solutions/products provided by Symmetry.
- Responsible for all phases of the System Development Life Cycle for a multi-tiered complex processing system.
- Consolidation/Migration, Planning and Implementations
- Migration from old End of Life IBM hardware/Operating Systems to more current Hardware/Operating Systems with Logical Partitions (LPARs).
- Reviewing of system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Install, Maintain and Configured AS400/iSeries systems
- Troubleshoot for technical problems and system performance
- CL programming skills and working with SQL. • All OS/400 Command line utilities, including QShell and Java
- TCP/IP and FTP experience
- AS400/ISERIES Hardware and Software upgrades (including Operating System upgrades)
- AS400/ISERIES Performance Monitoring and Tuning
- Production support tasks including analysis of issues. Propose and implement solutions.
- The candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment where legislative changes must be quickly implemented.
- College degree or equivalent experience preferably in Computer Science or MIS
- 5+ years of System Management working in iSeries or AS400 environments
- 5+ years working hands-on with all aspects of the iSeries system management (.i.e. hardware, tuning, performance, resource utilization)
- 5+ years of experience performing system tuning, performance data gathering, capacity management, conducting analysis and writing system related requirements.
Commensurate with experience and performance
Please send resume and cover letter including salary requirements to our HR Department at: email@example.com
Symmetry Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symmetry Corporation performs pre-employment background screening of all qualified candidates. Symmetry does not take part in the sponsorships of VISA.