CIOs, technical gurus, SAP ecosystem partners and more are busy packing last minute bags this…
SAPPHIRE NOW + ASUG is the event of the year for the SAP® community. SAP will announce and clarify new product releases and roadmaps, while innovative speakers like Steve Wozniak will bring fresh insight into the state of tech today. There will be enterprise vendors to talk to, new products to preview, and plenty of illuminating case studies and presentations to help you plan your next move in the SAP landscape. Here’s what we’re excited about.
SAP SAPPHIRE NOW Predictions
- New SAP S/4HANA Release Announcements: Earlier this year, there were several new features released in SAP S/4HANA 1511 FPS01, adding support for additional industries and new country-specific localization features. We can expect an SAP SAPPHIRE NOW announcement of a major new HANA release within the next year.
- Solution Manager Release: After repeated delays, SAP seems poised to launch Solution Manager 7.2 at SAP SAPPHIRE NOW. This will make things a lot easier for clients to migrate from their old systems, making an even more compelling business case for migration — particularly if there’s a new SAP S/4HANA release as well.
- Apple Partnership: Although Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak doesn’t have much to do with Apple these days, his name is still associated with them in everyone’s mind. His SAPPHIRE NOW presentation makes a perfect occasion for SAP to announce their new partnership with Apple. This will help SAP businesses, and developers by making it easier to integrate HANA tools into the iOS platform. Expect to learn more about what this means for the SAP community.
SAP SAPPHIRE NOW Presentations
- Carlisle Construction Materials’ Path to SAP Business Warehouse powered by SAP HANA
This presentation is an excellent case study for anyone contemplating a move to HANA to cope with rapidly growing data computing needs. Carlisle Construction Materials runs a dozen companies, producing a wide range of roofing, insulation, adhesive and other products. These products are sold across multiple channels to a range of commercial and residential construction industries. Needless to say, their transition to SAP HANA was a complex, multi-step process other companies can learn from.
At their presentation, you will learn how Carlisle made the move: from setting up a proof of concept, to evaluating performance and data management, to using a HANA landscape and incorporating SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse and BusinessObjects. The lecture will also touch on the SAP Business Suite on HANA vs. S/4HANA debate, as Carlisle presenters explain their ongoing SAP HANA roadmap.
- Demystifying SAP Compliance Management
Wednesday, 2:00 – 2:30 p.m., Booth #823
Compliance rules can seem complex and baffling, but they’re there to protect your company, customers and stakeholders.
To master SAP compliance management, organizations need to move beyond individual initiatives for SOX, 21 CFR Part 11 and other compliance regimes and toward an organization-wide approach based on security and compliance best practices. Symmetry Vice President of Security & Controls, Scott Goolik, explains the principles behind compliance, how they differ from cyber security, and how to use GRC software and partner expertise to turn your compliance program from a burden to an asset.
SAP SAPPHIRE NOW has something for everyone. Whether you’re looking to network, audition a new SAP hosting provider or just take in some great presentations, there’s plenty to do at SAPPHIRE 2016. And when you need a break, don’t forget — Orlando is right outside the door!
Don’t forget, Symmetry will have a presence at SAPPHIRE! Stop by our In-Booth Networking Happy Hour on Wednesday from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. at Booth #823.