The Symmetry Manager of Systems Engineering is a member of a team of Colleagues responsible for designing/engineering and ensuring a stable, high-performance, and cost effective environment for running enterprise-wide infrastructure and applications. You must be very comfortable and confident working on Linux systems. You have very strong knowledge of operating system and networking fundamentals. You understand TCP/IP and other common network protocols. You are proficient with at least one high-level scripting language (such as Python, Ruby, or Perl). You should have a bias toward automation and track record of creating automated solutions. You have experience operating distributed systems and diagnosing and resolving complex problems. You pay attention to detail and solve problems at their root.
• Oversee systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems
• Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to staff and to end-users.
• Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
• Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
• Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
• Manage telecommunications infrastructure and development plans, projects, policies and procedures.
• Contribute to outage post mortem analysis
• Proficiency in more than one high-level scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby)
• Experience working in mission-critical, operations support environment amongst geographically dispersed teams
• Experience with common configuration management solutions
• Ability to interact with other teams to diagnose and solve technical problems· Experience driving large, cross-organization initiatives
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Ability to make concrete progress in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge
• Experience with vulnerability risk and impact assessment
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Requirements / Qualifications
• 5+ years management experience
• Excellent data-driven decision making and analytics expertise
• Managed Services Provider background
• Strong process and procedure ownership experience for System audits.
• Deep understanding with System application monitoring, software distribution, patching and maintenance.
• Proven ability to cooperate and interact with all managers
• Excellent interpersonal, communications, documentation and public speaking and presentation skills
• Strong Unix/ Linux Background
• Positive attitude even when faced with adversity or disagreement
• A demonstrated track record of leadership and developing trust from Colleagues and Clients
• Strong project planning and analytical skills
Commensurate with experience and performance
Please send resume and cover letter including salary requirements to our HR Department at: email@example.com
Symmetry Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symmetry Corporation performs pre-employment background screening of all qualified candidates. Symmetry does not take part in the sponsorships of VISA.