The Symmetry Senior Network Engineer is a member of a team of colleagues responsible for managing Symmetry’s network related architecture (both internal and customer based), providing technical and maintenance support for various hardware and software products, administering remote access and disaster recovery systems, conducting server and system set-ups and configuration designs, and providing internal and external end user support. The role also requires demonstration of movement toward advanced level of skill in the following areas: judgment, direction setting, and decision making.
The senior engineer level of employee is self-starting and self-motivated as the individual is expected to be able to identify, trouble shoot, and resolve issues independently, but recognize when to reach out for guidance. Also, the individual is expected to reserve time to research technology, and advise others (internally and externally) of opportunities to enhance solutions/products provided by Symmetry.
- Provide primary technical and maintenance support for Networking environment hardware and software including Firewalls, switches, routers, etc.
- Also provide networking support on systems running Linux, Windows, UNIX, Virtualization Technologies, various other hardware and software platforms.
- Additional areas of understanding include: Database Technologies, SQL, MS Exchange, FTP, DNS/DHCP server hardware and software.
- Administer remote access and disaster recovery systems (SSL, VPN, Backup Solutions, etc.)
- Understand LAN/WAN technologies: hardware and software (VLANS, CISCO and Juniper switches/routers, etc.)
- Conduct hardware, server and system set-ups and configuration designs
- Determine if requests for installation of new software/hardware fit system capabilities
- Analyze trends in order to see gaps in training or preventative maintenance needs
- Supervise sub-contractors and coordinates the addition, removal, and movement of equipment and data-cabling
- Provide internal and external end-user support
- Exercise independent judgment and decision-making ability for the aforementioned
- Work schedule as established by supervisor to accommodate business hours and project services
- Submit reports as directed by supervisor
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management
- College degree or equivalent experience preferably in Computer Science or MIS
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with multiple networking platforms including a combination of the following: Juniper, Cisco, Windows Server Administration, UNIX Administration, MS Exchange Server Administration, LINUX Administration, Telecommunications Administration, Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and Storage Area Networks
- Ability to troubleshoot servers and infrastructure equipment
- Ability to assess networking requirements and provide solutions
- Ability to make accurate and independent decisions under pressure
- Experience with a customer service oriented company
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work as a team-member, as well as independently
- Accurately Completes duties as assigned
- Completes duties in time frame given
- Takes accountability for duties assigned
- Assessment of Client/Customer interactions
- Mentoring and sharing knowledge with other Colleagues
- Cooperation, accessibility, and teamwork
- Self-Motivation, opportunity creating, career drive
- Business sense and Business pace
- Leadership within overall team and Organization
Salary + Benefits, DOE
Please send resume and cover letter to HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Symmetry Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symmetry Corporation performs pre-employment background screening of all qualified candidates. Symmetry does not take part in the sponsorships of VISA.