Are you ready to jump into the SAP world? Then this entry-level position could be just what you’re looking for. The Service Desk Technician will be responsible for event management of customer’s critical business systems, in addition to completing tier one tasks during night and/or weekend shifts.
- Attend fast paced training (held at Symmetry Corporate office)
- Perform proactive system triggered alert and event management
- Escalate critical alerts to internal teams
- Follow and execute documented steps to customer’s systems on a recurring basis
- Monitor long running project processes and escalate issues to project consultants
- Execute SAP and non-SAP project tasks under direction from Symmetry SAP Consultants
- Create and maintain documentation related to customer’s systems
- Create and track incident through completion or escalation (Service Now)
- Establish operational discipline through the application of best practice policies and procedures for the Service Desk
- Perform or participate periodic reviews, audits and updates to the SAP & hosting standards, process controls and technologies.
- Receive and triage customer high severity phone calls
- Over-see Customer Portal user administration
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Former night and/or weekend shift experience a plus
- Past I.T. Management a plus
- SAP Experience is not necessary, but is a plus
- Experience in an I.T. Operations/Help Desk is an advantage
- Demonstrated customer service skills/attitude
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to author technical specifications, presentations, and other documentation
Commensurate with experience and performance
Please send resume and cover letter including salary requirements to our HR Department at: email@example.com
Symmetry Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symmetry Corporation performs pre-employment background screening of all qualified candidates. Symmetry does not take part in the sponsorships of VISA.