Your privacy is important to us
What Data We Collect
We retain the information you provide when you visit one of our websites or fill out one of our online forms, which may include the following:
- Name (first and last)
- Job Title
- Contact information including phone, mailing address and email address
- Geographic information such as street address, city, state, and postal code
- Preferences on your interests in our product and services
- Information about the referring source from which you access our site, including entry page URLS
- In addition, the technology we use to deliver and manage our Website sometimes collects geolocation and IP address.
- Your level of interest in specific pages or information on our website
What We Do with the Information We Gather
Symmetry uses information to fulfill contractual requirements with Symmetry customers, to meet our legal and regulatory requirements and for conducting common business activities, such as building brand awareness, engaging with prospective customers and offering enterprise application management and cloud hosting solutions.
We use this information to understand your interest in our products and services and to provide you with timely, relevant information and overall better service. In particular, we use personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable us to meet our contractual obligations if you buy something from us, such as sending information regarding your purchase or related services.
- Improvement of our products and services, and to better respond to your customer service requests. For example, if you provide feedback to us on a product or service, we may use it to support decisions on changes or enhancements.
- When you complete a “contact us” or “schedule a visit” form, we will use your information provided to coordinate the scheduling of meetings, data center tours and the attendant security measures, and to provide you with information on current technology and service offerings that help you select the best technology and professional services to support your business.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To periodically send notifications about new products and special offers likely to be of interest to you. For example, if you attend a webinar on SAP HANA, we may send you information on related promotions or research useful for strategic decisions and technology design.
- We may use the information to customize the website content presented to you to align with your expressed interests. This helps us know what other information may be helpful. However, if you want more information than we anticipate, you are always free to reach us via mail, email or phone with your request.
- Wistia is used to gauge interest in the video content Symmetry creates and provides via the Website. Cookies are used and may be managed by not accepting cookies and/or by deleting cookies within your browser.
- AdRoll – displays ads appropriate to your area of interest
- Facebook – social medial communication enablement
- When you request to “follow” our blog, we will send information related to the technology and offerings relevant to your expressed interest.
- We use a scoring system to group website visitors and understand whether you are just casually researching a product or service or whether you have a stronger interest.
We retain this information until you inform us you no longer wish to hear from us or when we determine that it is unlikely you retain an interest in Symmetry’s products or services. When we no longer have either your consent or a legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will securely delete the information or anonymize it. Or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative and physical controls designed to safeguard your information. We will never sell your personal information to third parties.
What is a cookie? Cookies are small text files that are stored in your web browser that allow us or third parties to recognize you and your computer by storing small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to our website and your use of the Services.
Symmetry uses a variety of cookies, some which are tied to the core functionality of our website and the services, and others that are tied to targeted advertising. Below is a list of the types of Cookies that may be used with your browsing activity in our website and in the Services.
|Type of Cookie||Description & Functionality||Managing Setting|
|Essential Cookies||Essential cookies allow you to navigate our website and use the Services, e.g. accessing secure areas of the Services using a username and password. These are first party cookies are sometimes called “strictly necessary” as without them we cannot provide much of the functionality that you need to use the Services.||Because essential cookies are required to operate our website and the Services, there is no option to opt out of these cookies.|
|Functional Cookies||Functional cookies collect information about how our website is used, such as determining which pages are viewed most often. They also allow us to remember information you entered or choices you made while browsing our website or while using the Services, e.g. your username and region. Functional cookies also allow us to provide enhanced, personalized features.|
We may also use these cookies to improve how our website functions and to provide you with more relevant communications, e.g. marketing communications.
|You can manage the placement of functional cookies on your browser in your individual browser settings. Note: opting out of these cookies may impact the functionality of the Services and your user experience.|
To learn how to control functional cookies via your individual browser setting, see the Browser Settings section below.
To opt out of data collection by Google Analytics, you can download and install a browser add-on which is available here. See the list of cookies below for reference.
|Targeting or Advertising Cookies||Targeting cookies may be set through the Services by our advertising partners. They may be used by those partners to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising. Targeting cookies do not directly store personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device.||To learn more about targeted advertising and targeting cookies and your ability to opt out, please visit the opt-out pages of WebChoices here; if you are located in the European Union, click here. In addition, you may opt out of other advertising-based cookies via TrustArc here.|
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can adjust your browser setting to decline cookies automatically. If you do not accept cookies, some of our website content may not present to you, or the presentation may not be as elegant as it is when the site is allowed to function completely. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How Do I Manage Cookies?
Cookie opt-out links: You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt out links provided below. Most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. Click here for more information. You can opt out of certain cookies here and if you are located in the European Union, click here.
Browser Settings: Many web browsers accept cookies by default. You can usually change your browser’s settings to reject and/or to remove many cookies. On some browsers, you can choose to let a website place cookies, but choose to reject cookies from certain third parties (such as analytics companies and advertising companies). Please visit your browser’s help or settings menu for more information. To learn more about how to control cookie settings through your browser:
- Click here to learn more about Private Browsing and managing cookie settings in Firefox.
- Click here to learn more about Incognito and managing cookie settings in Chrome.
- Click here to learn more about “InPrivate” and managing cookie settings in Internet Explorer.
- Click here to learn more about “Private Browsing” and managing cookie setting in Safari.
Please note that if you choose to reject or remove cookies, this may prevent certain features or certain parts of the Services from working properly. Since your cookie opt-out preferences are also stored in a cookie on your website browser, please also note that if you delete all cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choices.
For even more information on Cookies, we’d like to provide you with this resource: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Links to other sites
Our website may contain links to enable you to easily visit other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, you should know that we do not have any control over other websites and their data collection practices. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting other websites. Other such websites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Social Media Features
Use of Google Analytics
“Do Not Track” signals
There is no comprehensive “do not track” standard for companies to use as guidance. As such, Symmetry, and most common marketing tools, do not respond to “do not track” signals.
Controlling Your Personal Information
Symmetry is an international provider of technology services with primary locations in the United States and secondary locations in Europe. Symmetry strives to meet data protection requirements in both the US and the EEA. By accessing Symmetry’s website and providing information to Symmetry, you consent to the transfer of the personal information to the U.S. You may revoke this consent at any time, which will not be able to be applied retroactively, but which Symmetry will respect going forward. Symmetry uses current model contract clause language to protect EU personal information transferred to the US.
For data subject to European data protection laws, the data subject has the following rights:
You have the right to request details of personal information which we hold about you at any time under current applicable data protection laws and regulations, and to correct inaccuracies. In some instances, you may have the right to object to the processing of your information, restrict it or remove the information altogether.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information we have gathered in the following way:
- Opting in or out of additional communications by checking the associated box on forms used within our websites.
- If you have previously agreed to our use of your personal information, you may revoke your consent at any time.
- Opting in or out of additional communications by checking the associated box on forms used within our websites or by using the “communication preferences” or “unsubscribe” links provided in our email communications;
- If you have previously agreed to our use of your personal information, you may revoke your consent at any time.
You have the right to have a fellow human being review any decisions made by automation. You have the right to complain to a Supervisory Authority if you feel it is appropriate.
For Symmetry’s assistance with any of these rights, you may contact Symmetry via email at email@example.com or by writing to our data protection officer at:
Symmetry™, re: Privacy
400 South Executive Drive
Brookfield, WI 53005